Doorways is pleased to resume weekly indoor shopping for groceries effective November 6th.
As a reminder, the following safety protocols will be in place for indoor shopping
- All volunteers and shoppers participating in indoor shopping must be fully vaccinated*
- All volunteers and shoppers must wear masks while inside the building
- Only three shoppers are allowed to shop at a time to ensure social distancing
- Shoppers wait in their cars until they are called to reduce crowding inside the building
* Non-vaccinated clients will continue to be served with contactless curbside distributing pre-packaged groceries
Location: The North School at 2 North Street Seekonk, MA 02771
Hours of operation: Saturdays 8:00am – 10:00am
Our Mission: Doorways is a faith-based charity that provides food support to Seekonk residents who are facing challenging times in their lives. In addition to providing food support, the volunteers of Doorways offer a warm smile and friendly conversation while assisting our clients with their weekly shopping.
Our People: Doorways is an all-volunteer organization – over a hundred caring individuals volunteer their time to serve clients, stock shelves and provide operational support to the pantry located at North School.
Our Clients: Many of our clients are seniors who struggle to survive on a fixed income; others are disabled or have suffered catastrophic illnesses; still others are young families trying to survive a job loss. Regardless of their circumstances, they have a friend at Doorways. There are only two conditions: first, all clients must be Seekonk residents. Second, residents must be pre-qualified by Seekonk Human Services to ensure that they conform to income guidelines.
For households not already registered with Doorways, please contact Seekonk Human Services 508-336-8772.
If you have a food emergency, please phone Brittney Faria at Seekonk Human Services at 508-336-8772 during her office hours. Seekonk Human Services office hours – Mon, Tu, Th 8:30-4:30/Wed 8:30-5:30/Fri 8:30-12:00